Random Thoughts on Living Your Best Life
More things I've noticed along the way:
* Our son's birthday is Sept. 11. As we put him to bed on that terrible day, he said,
"Daddy, I hate it that I'll always remember this day as the day they flew airplanes into buildings!" My response was "Well, we'll always remember this day as your seventh birthday."
A few days later, as it became clear that the terrorist attacks were going to be referred to as "Sept. 11," he started lobbying to change the date of his birthday. Our response was "This is your birthday, and we don't think you or we should let any bad people take away your birthday."
The point of telling you this little family vignette is that I think that is how we should all, in some way, respond. Don't let these people take anything away from us. Let's live our American lives to the fullest.
* Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
* I've often heard the saying "It doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you are sincere." But I haven't heard anyone say that since Sept. 11.
* Here's a question to ask yourself on a regular basis: Am I just living life or am I loving life?
* Those little plastic cards we carry around in our wallets or purses are not credit cards. What they really should be called are debt cards.
* Bad news never seems to get better with time.
* Today is the tomorrow that we influenced yesterday. The good news is, this is always true. Do something today that will serve to create the kind of tomorrow in which you would like to live.
* Here's a sure-fire way to get more of want you want: Be deeply grateful for what you already have.
* Best quote I've read recently, by John Luther:
"Good character is more to be praised than outstanding talent. Most talents are, to some extent, a gift. Good character, by contrast, is not given to us. We have to build it piece by piece, thought by thought, choice by choice, which requires great courage and determination."
Visit www.secretsofgreatrelationships.com">SecretsofGreatRelationships.com for tips and tools for creating and growing a great relationship. You can also subscribe to our f*r*e*e 10 day e-program on how to enrich your relationship today, from relationship coach and expert Jeff Herring.
Warning: fopen(https://www.realwire.com/rss/?id=488&row=&view=Synopsis) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
in /var/www/sidrac.com/lincolnhsbrooklyn.com/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input